Gordon Group Talent Solutions, a division of Greencollar Pty Ltd (GGC) is committed to ensuring that your privacy is respected and maintained at all times. GGC Pty Ltd complies with the Privacy laws and the National Privacy principles as well as our own obligations of confidentiality.
This Privacy/ Collection Statement explains how we collect personal information and how we maintain, use and disclose that information. It also provides some details about your privacy rights along with our general rights and obligations in relation to the personal information we keep on record.
What is personal information?
Personal information is any information or personal opinions about you.
It can encompass general contact details (e.g. address and phone number), or it can contain more detailed information about you as a person (e.g medical conditions, previous work history). In some instances it may include the opinions of others about your work history, your work experiences and your professional qualifications, personality/technical test results and other work related information.
What is sensitive information?
Sensitive information is a sub category of personal information.
This type of information can pertain to your religious preferences, racial or ethnic origins, criminal record, political affiliations, professional affiliations (e.g trade unions), or any health issues which may affect a persons work performance.
In the majority of cases, sensitive information can only be disclosed with your consent. We do not actively seek sensitive information unless it is necessary for our business purposes. The collection of sensitive information is done so in accordance with the National Privacy Principles.
Who will receive your personal information?
Gordon Group Consulting Pty Ltd will collect your personal Information for business purposes only. This may include gathering information to pass on to clients for recruitment related activities.
How will your information be collected?
Personal information will be collected from you when you send in your resume to us, or fill out and submit one of our registration forms when you visit our offices.
Personal information will also be collected when:
- You provide us with any information you feel is relevant to your job seeking.
- We receive information about you from a third party.
- We receive information from former colleagues, employers, or professional associations with which you are affiliated.
- We receive job feedback or performance related information from a current or past employer.
- We receive information about any medical, technical or aptitude test.
- We receive any information relating to a workplace accident, insurance claim, or criminal matter with which you are involved.
How will your information be used?
- In connection with full time, part time or contract work placement.
Performance reviews and appraisals.
- In connection with test results (medical, aptitude or technical)
- In connection with complaints, investigations, or insurance related issues with which you are involved.
Who might see your personal information?
- Potential and current clients of GGC, and possibly past or present employers.
- Legislative workers compensation bodies or insurance related organisations.
- Current GGC contractors, suppliers, or recruitment related affiliates.
- Current GGC employees, on site contractors or external training bodies.
- Any person legally entitled to view your information.
By restricting us access to your personal information, we may be limited in successfully finding and placing you in suitable permanent, part time or contract work.
Is your information safe?
GGC takes every possible precaution to protect your information. We have secure office environments, and an IT policy with security as its highest priority. Internal computers can access our central database with login authentication and passwords, and our network is protected with up to date firewall and anti-virus technologies. All Employees of GGC sign a legally binding confidentiality agreement upon commencement, requiring them to adhere to our privacy and IT policies and procedures, and that as outlined in the National Privacy Principles. Personal Information is kept for the required duration of the current legislation.
Can you gain access to your information?
If you are able to establish that some personal information that we hold about you is incorrect or not up to date, we will, with your approval, take all reasonable steps to correct its accuracy and ensure it is up to date. If you believe the information we hold about you is incorrect, you may place and attach a statement from yourself that claims the information is incorrect or not up to date to your information. You also have a legal right to access your personal information, and will need to contact our privacy coordinator (below) for more information. GGC charges a moderate fee to gain access to your personal information.
Tel 02 9994 8048
Fax 02 9994 8008